عيون الاخبار لاحدث الاخبار

جميع الاخبار السياسية و الفنية و الرياضية و الصحية و العلمية و الاقتصادية

make money

Qatar - the continued suffering of foreign workers, and the number of dead and injured on the rise

شاطر
avatar
eyesnews
صاحب المنتدى
صاحب المنتدى

الجنس : ذكر عدد المساهمات : 547
تاريخ التسجيل : 08/03/2014

نيو Qatar - the continued suffering of foreign workers, and the number of dead and injured on the rise

مُساهمة من طرف eyesnews في الخميس مايو 14, 2015 1:30 am




Qatar is still under heavy criticism because of the inhuman exploitation of workers in preparation for the World Cup 2022. Despite promises using improved the status of these certificates of a German journalists about the ongoing foreign workers suffering show the opposite.

Weak traffic in the streets on the outskirts of Doha movement. From time to time pass trailer or bus to leave the dust cloud behind her, then calm prevails in the Qatari capital of the industrial zone. A population of more than a million people, the center of the industrial zone near the factories, warehouses and land desert. Here lives of foreign workers who hail stadiums earmarked for the World Cup football in 2022. They are buildings of different nationalities Kalnabal, Bangladesh, India and the Philippines. Here most of the roads are unpaved, and the buildings above the three to four floors are often without windows. It is hard work and life here comfortably.

False promises

On Friday, it is the only day holiday for workers, and I hope to be able to talk to them. This is the fourth time in four years and a half where I travel to Qatar, this small country that has spent a lot of money to become a great sporting nation.

A year from now before the Qatari government announced its willingness to carry out the reform of the system of labor law and improve the working and living conditions for migrant workers, and to abolish the "sponsorship" of the controversial system, where workers need to get permission from employers to leave the country. This initiative came as a result of pressure from the international community to Qatar, after the media highlighted many - including DW - light on the tragic situation in the construction workshops, which received hundreds of workers were killed due to occupational accidents.

Housing provoke disgust

After the announcement of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs in the month (May / May 2014) for these reforms, I went back to Qatar to see the extent of the application of those promises. When I got to the spot I saw in the suburb of beach Building for workers. Workers ran at me and told me that between 300 to 400 workers are staying in that building, which consists of three floors. They took me with them on a tour inside their rooms, a kitchen and found disgusting toilets and a few, maybe ten toilets for almost a hundred people, most of them without doors. All workers who live in this place of Allenbaal. Understanding sleep in rooms two years ago not to exceed twenty cubic meters of sixteen people, who are working without a day weekly holiday. In addition to the high temperatures of up to fifty degrees and the absence of air conditioners, they do not they reach the minimum salary agreed upon between the two countries, where they reach only about two hundred dollars a month, according to these workers.

Attempts to forget the fact

Many workers in the industrial area trying to forget their reality through play cricket or football behind the residence buildings and clouds of dust. While playing some others waiting for their turn in the cheerful atmosphere. Rear, two men suddenly stop traditional white dress, and asked us to keep the camera, and after repeated my insistence to inquire about their identity they said they were from the State Police any intelligence service. We can no longer since then move freely, where the large number of elements of the security men around us, and then they took me companionship photographer to the police station.

Violation of freedom of the press

After spending hours in the police station at night they allowed us to return to the hotel in Doha, but without allowing us to leave the country. After five days after it became clear that this case may last for weeks or for many months. After informing the Qatari foreign minister has been our release, but were confiscated photography and working mechanisms and cell phones, laptop, and CDs. When we came out after three weeks and a half years and found that all the information and numbers and Anoan and files recorded inside have been scanned. Despite the efforts made by the person or through the use of some of the officials the two countries, I have not succeeded in restoring the lost data, a situation that is incompatible with the freedom of the press laws.

    الوقت/التاريخ الآن هو السبت ديسمبر 16, 2017 12:25 am